warranty central FAQs
- I have entered the customer information, but when I pull up the claim in Claim Full View, the customer information is missing. Why is it not showing up?
Any additions or changes to customer information are subject to approval by the manufacturer once you submit your claim. Until the manufacturer approves your changes, the customer information will only appear in the Claim History section of your claim. When the manufacturer approves your changes, the company information will then become a part of the claim. The next time you fill out a claim for that serial number, you will not have to fill out the customer information again.
- How do I print an RA number once I have closed the window?
You can print your RA number by pulling up the claim in your Open Claims Box. Within the part section of the claim is a link to the assigned RA number. When you click on the link, a new window opens with the RA number information. To print this page, click File at the top of the window and then choose print.
- I am trying to enter a part number but it says, "No Results...Please Try Again!" How do I get my part entered?
Any part information discrepancies should be directed to the manufacturer. The manufacturer can add the part to Warranty Central and edit any pricing information. For manufacturer support information, click on the Tech Support link in Warranty Central.
- How do I change my rates if they are incorrect?
The manufacturer is responsible for editing rates. You need to contact them directly if there is a problem with your rates. For manufacturer support information, click on the Tech Support link in Warranty Central.
- I am trying to enter a claim but I am being told the serial number is invalid. What do I do?
An invalid serial number means Warranty Central does not have that serial number in its database or that the serial number is being entered incorrectly. First, make sure you have entered the number correctly. If you feel you have entered the serial number correctly, you will need to contact the manufacturer. The manufacturer can confirm the serial number you are trying to enter. If the manufacturer confirms that the number you are trying to enter is a valid number, they will have the serial number entered into Warranty Central so you can enter your claim. Any questions dealing with the validity of serial numbers should be directed to the manufacturer.
- The list price for a part I am entering is different than the price I paid for the part. How can I change the price?
Any problems with parts should be directed to the manufacturer. The manufacturer can add parts to Warranty Central and edit any pricing information. For manufacturer support information, click on the Tech Support link in Warranty Central.
- My discount on parts is incorrect. How do I correct it?
The manufacturer is responsible for editing discounts in Warranty Central. If you have questions concerning your discounts, please contact the manufacturer. For manufacturer support information, click on the Tech Support link in Warranty Central.
- I filled out the information on a page and clicked Continue but nothing happens. Why can I not go to the next page?
First look over all the fields on the page to make sure all the required fields have been filled out or that the information was entered correctly. A red field indicates there was nothing entered for a required field or that it has been filled out incorrectly. Follow any instructions given and try to fill out the field again. Dates are very specific, make sure you are entering dates following the example given in Warranty Central. An example of a correct date format is, 3/5/2003. If you feel you have entered everything correctly but you are still having problems, please contact SMG directly. For SMG support information, click on the Tech Support link in Warranty Central or see the information given below.
- The model number I am trying to enter is not listed. How can I get the model number in the list?
The manufacturer is responsible for adding models to Warranty Central. If you have questions concerning models, please contact the manufacturer. For manufacturer support information, click on the Tech Support link in Warranty Central
- I am getting ready to submit my claim with a part that is Required for Return, but I have not been given my RA number. Why can I not see the RA number?
Warranty Central does not issue an RA number until after the claim has been submitted to the manufacturer. Once you click, Submit to Manufacturer, the next screen will be your RA number information. If once you click the Submit button and you are not taken to the RA number information screen, the part was not marked as Required for Return in Warranty Central. If you feel the manufacturer does require this part for return, please contact the manufacturer directly for steps they would like you to take next.
- I have submitted my claim to the manufacturer, but I need to make an adjustment to the claim. How can I make changes to a claim I have already submitted?
To make any adjustments to a claim you have submitted to a manufacturer, you will need to contact the manufacturer and ask them to send the claim back to you with a status of Need More Info. Once the claim is sent back to you, you can make your adjustments and re-submit the claim.
© 2008, SMG - Service Management Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved